Low Level (Cold) Laser Therapy has huge benefits to horses and dogs. It can be used not only to help treat existing injuries/issues, but is also performance enhancing.
Laser Therapy has the following benefits:
- Totally non - invasive
- Reduces Pain - No withdrawal period prior to competition.
- Reduces Inflammation
- Promotes faster tissue repair - especially useful for open wounds
- Encourages quicker healing of soft tissue injuries
- Assists in the healing of ligament & tendon injuries - sprains/strains
- Improves Arthritic conditions
- Aids muscle recovery after strenuous work/exercise
- Proven effective for deep muscle injuries such as : Deep Suspensory, Deep Hamstring & Hip, Cervical issues, Soft tissue along and over the spine, Sacroiliac injuries and lameness
- Helps to prevent scaring and white hairs occurring where an injury has been
- Hoof issues including Abscesses, Thrush, Cracks/Splits and Laminitis
- Aids in the quicker healing of cut pad
The following conditions are being successfully treated using Laser:
- Post-surgery pain, healing & rehab
- Acute & chronic ear infections
- Acute & chronic neck & back pain
- Fractures & Splints
- Neuromuscular disease
Maddi uses the Omega Laser Therapy system, which provides an unparalleled level of control of the laser therapy being offered. Many other companies and vets use much simpler systems that simply offer one level of treatment, which can prove ineffective at best. When choosing your laser therapist, be sure to find out what kind of equipment they use to ensure you are getting the best treatment for your animal.